Saturday 16 August 2014

Cruz Cross Country Recount

It was Tuesday but it was Cross country day! I was so nervous! Then it was 10.30am I told myself to be confident.  I watched the girls first they were doing an excellent job "last lap for them" I said.  It was Brenna and Kyel in first place running down to the finish.  I shouted "Go Kyel" but Brenna just finished first at the last second.  The Mr V.B. said "Year 3 boys" I lined up then the big moment of Year 3 was just about to happen.  But first I should tell you the track you have to run is once around the field and twice around the outside of the school.  Lets get back to the story then...just then Mr V.B. said "ready set beep!" Then all of the boys went off like a rocket I had to run twice as fast as normal to keep up if you know what I mean.  I was in 10th then 9th oh Yes! 7th place.  I was sprinting at first even though I shouldn't of but I was just trying to get a head boost.  It was so slushy muddy and oozy.  I loved that squishiness on my feet it was so much fun I wanted to slide but I didn't want to come last.  Then it was the last lap.  I was proud of myself, I was sprinting to the finish line and I came in 5th place I was so happy!

1 comment:

  1. You have written a great story about your experience in the cross county race Cruz. From Cruz's grandma.

    ReplyDelete