Monday 18 August 2014

Olivia Cross Country Recount

On Tuesday Room 11 had our cross country race.  We started at 10.30ish.   Mr V.B. blew the beeper and we started to run the race.  Brenna was in the lead.  When I was up to the hill of doom I was running up the hill and I nearly slipped over.  When I ran down the hill I nearly slipped too.  When I got to Hillary block Room 20 was all cheering for me.  I went out of the school and I was Mr Le Sueur standing there watching us do our cross country.  I went down the drive way.  I saw boys cheering for me.  I got mud all over me except my tummy.  I came in eight in the cross country race.  After I had to find my jacket I count' find my jacket so I said to Miss Tarpey "I can't find my jacket" she said "it must be in that pile" and I said "ok".  But when I walked down that hill I could see my jacket so I took it. Inside was all wet and the outside was a little bit muddy but I took it and lined up in the line.  Mrs Seth took me and that line to the village deck.  After I went back to class.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the cross country story Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the part when you described what your jacket was like when you found it. We have just had our cross country. We used the farm next to our school for our cross country race. It was a really fun race and exhausting.

    By Kyle, Room 8, Matarau School

    ReplyDelete